Build a Web Presence
Learning to harness to power of the Internet can expand your presence online by utilizing all facets of the World Wide Web.
As a small business owner today, you must have a multi-directional focus to drive traffic from more than just search engines. Online marketing is no longer a single channel. It’s fragmented into video, SEO, enewsletters, email marketing, social media, and mobile marketing.
Whether your selling information, services or products, eCommerce is everywhere! You need to be prepared to sell to your customers from your bricks and mortar store, your virtual store, your Web site, your social accounts, and from mobile and portable devices.
Web Presence Strategy Ideas
- Repurpose current content and use it across all mediums.
- Share some of your knowledge. It might be familiar and seemingly unimportant to you, but it could be just what your visitors/customers want to know.
- Think of things you find valuable and see if you can share this with them in a creative way that helps them ‘do life’ better.
- Life is busy. Can you make it easier?
- What can you do to deliver more than is expected?
- Express your personality online; don’t be afraid to be personal. After all, business is really about relationships. We buy from people not businesses.
The most successful people in the business are always probing, always asking questions, always testing new things, always reviewing the fundamentals. You don’t have to do everything. Try 1 or 2 easy things that will allow your customers another way to purchase from you.
Remember, your Web presence will always be evolving with the rapid adoption of new technologies.